A breast lift (Mastopexy) is a highly individualized procedure that rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted. . A breast lift will help correct drooping by volumetrically reshaping the breasts. A simple test to determine if you’re a candidate for a breast lift is the pencil test. If your nipple falls below the pencil, then you have significant ptosis, and more than likely are a great candidate for a breast lift.
Breast lift (Mastopexy) takes about three hours and is usually done under general anesthesia.
Some women also get breast implants at the same time as their breast lift.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, aging, gravity, h eredity can cause changes and loss of skin elasticity. Breast lift surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast.If you want your breasts to look fuller, consider breast lift and breast enlargement surgery.If you want smaller breasts, consider combining breast lifting and breast reduction surgery.
While consult with Aesthetic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon Op.Dr Atilla Alp, please let him to know about what your goals are. If you’re also getting breast implants, bring photos showing the size and shape of the breasts you’d like. Op.Dr Atilla Alp will consider your health and describe your options. Op.Dr Atilla Alp will also explain the breast lift (Mastopexy) procedure in detail and go over the risks and what the recovery will be like. Complications after breast lifts are relatively rare. You should also start planning for the recovery period. For instance, you will have to avoid heavy lifting for at least 4 to 6 weeks after your breast lift. Complications after breast lifts are relatively rare.
Deciding on Breast Lifting:
- -Breasts that are pendulous but adequate in size.
- -Breasts that lack substance or firmness.
- -Nipples and areolas that point downward, especially if they are positioned below the breast crease.
- -Breasts that appear different from each other; one breast may appear firm and well positioned while the other does not.
- -Breasts that are not equal in size.
- -Breasts that are relatively small.
- -Breasts that are large and heavy can be lifted, but the results may not be as long-lasting as a breast lift performed on smaller breasts; the weight of larger breasts works against surgical changes.
- -You should understand that a breast enlargement focuses on size and shape of the breast and will not correct drooping breasts. Unlike breast augmentation, a breast lift focuses primarily on breast position and will not increase the size of your bust. Often a breast lift is done in conjunction with breast augmentation so that the breasts can be restored to a more youthful position and a volume increase is added with the use of an implant having a breast augmentation with a lift, which is called an augmentation/pexy, will give you some upper breast fullness along with repositioning sagging breasts and nipple areas.